Like Tree126Likes

Unhappy Hong Kong Estate Agents

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    That is an interesting reveal of the open unpleasantness of some management particularly as it seems at Midland. No excuse for him. Behaving badly. My sympathy there for the workers, but at the end of the day if there is no trade there is no job. The property transaction drop not primarily caused by salesman behaviour. Like it or not there is significant employment associated with the HK property market and if the final result is just net unemployment then CY Leung will suffer a new wave of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    That is an interesting reveal of the open unpleasantness of some management particularly as it seems at Midland. No excuse for him. Behaving badly. My sympathy there for the workers, but at the end of the day if there is no trade there is no job. The property transaction drop not primarily caused by salesman behaviour. Like it or not there is significant employment associated with the HK property market and if the final result is just net unemployment then CY Leung will suffer a new wave of pressure.
    That article appeared to say Midland wanted it's staff to improve. Given the low standards of agents in HK, surely this can only be a GOOD thing? In any industry you should sack the poor quality employees and keep the good ones. That's how to keep the industry alive.
    dear giant likes this.

Always wondered what the monetary returns were that could sustain several hundred people waving flyers in your face in Hung Hom....10% of sale price would explain it! Ludicrous

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    That article appeared to say Midland wanted it's staff to improve. Given the low standards of agents in HK, surely this can only be a GOOD thing? In any industry you should sack the poor quality employees and keep the good ones. That's how to keep the industry alive.
    I am somewhat reminded of the recent financial results for ORACLE who then proceeded to heap blame on their sales force for the poor figures. The suggestion from Midalnd that it was the fault of some of their sales force just nonsense and the public finger-pointing unedifying. I don't think this incident was about wanting a 'better' workforce at all.

They know they can't keep employing so much staff with the low transaction volumes, and they are starting to shift the blame from themselves (" you were warned. We told you we would fire you if you didn't improve your performance. You didn't increase sales, so there is the door"). Low transaction volumes are here to stay. Why would people sell, if they pay H+0.7, and have a 40% mortgage (given the price increases of the last 2 years, that's what most people probably have)? They can ride off a price drop and interest increase without much worries.

And of course it is still questionable whether the price will actually drop, and by how much. The same people have been saying that there will be a price drop for the last 3 years, and have been wrong for the last 3 years. Unless the economy goes belly up (and nothing points to the fact that it will) I don't see why prices should drop until interest rates increase markedly, which is very unlikely to happen for at least a couple of years.

Employ young triad wannabes and....surprise!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using GeoClicks Mobile

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8