upcoming RMB bond issue. What's the best way to buy some Renminbi?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This issue may be considered either a sovereign or a government bond. Maybe i'll grab a dozen or so.

is there any RMB cash machine in HK that can take an international credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by capucino:
    is there any RMB cash machine in HK that can take an international credit card?
    Minimum subscription is RMB 10,000. I am not sure any cash machine will allow you to take out so much cash in one go, you have until Thursday to build up a decent amount of cash. But then again, am not sure if any HK bank will be willing to take on a client off the street with several hundred thousand RMB in cash (but then again......)

According to HSBC directives, listed above, account in HKID holder's name must be on account prior to order. So may be difficult to walk in and order. I'm going with BOOM, not the bank as they have advised me of the IPO and i have an account with them.

I have checked with Boom, their exchange rate is not that good.

BOC have run a large ad on the standard saying they would charge 0.3% only for the exchange, but when I called them, the rate today is 1.2795, HSBC rate is slightly better actaully.