Like Tree31Likes

Tenant left without paying rent / how to find him ?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Ask this guy to handle it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wan_Kuok-koi

Or wtbhotia will do it just for fun.

wtbhotia, INXS and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Or wtbhotia will do it just for fun.
    Hay, I need at least a bottle of Jack Daniels and a case of beer for my hard work.
    bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by makeithappen:
    It's HK$18k
    Is this the total the tenant owes you? You have already taken off the security deposit which I presume you kept?

Another thing OP, next time you might consider finding a tenant through an estate agent. Sure, you will have to initially give a cut of your rental income to the agent as commission. But in return, you will have a greater peace of mind, since it will look bad on the estate agencies if you end up with a nasty tenant.

Just be clear to the agent that you are looking for a good tenant that pay his/her rent on time and won't damage the apartment/cause a nuisance. You can specify to the agent whether you are looking for a single tenant, a couple, or a family.

You can't specify a particular racial background or gender of the tenant (that would be discrimination of course), but you can at least hint to the agent you expect a certain educational background or income for the tenant. Again it won't guarantee 100% you will get a good tenant, but its all about risk reduction. See it as a form of insurance.

Last edited by Watercooler; 04-04-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7