Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hamzan

Trading Nasdaq Stock

Closed Thread

Trading Nasdaq Stock

Hey Guys
    Im a 22 year old and I think now is the right time to start trading. I am fairly new to Hong Kong and dont know much about the market and indicators here but for starters I am planning to trade Nasdaq stocks.
    Can anyone of you offer any guidance if thats a good Idea. Also any recommendations of an online broker thats offering real time qoutes, low margin rates and automatic buy sell stops.
    Any help will be quite valuable for me. If theres anyone else whose new here...or if ud just like to help..lemme know and maybe we all can form a group for discussions/tips/ideas

Cheers

peainpod and Haohengwan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hamzan:
    Hey Guys
    Im a 22 year old and I think now is the right time to start trading. I am fairly new to Hong Kong and dont know much about the market and indicators here but for starters I am planning to trade Nasdaq stocks.
    Can anyone of you offer any guidance if thats a good Idea. Also any recommendations of an online broker thats offering real time qoutes, low margin rates and automatic buy sell stops.
    Any help will be quite valuable for me. If theres anyone else whose new here...or if ud just like to help..lemme know and maybe we all can form a group for discussions/tips/ideas

Cheers
    Try Citibank. They let you trade US stocks. No custodian fees like HSBC and they waive the buying fees if you trade regularly which leaves only the stamp duty of 0.1% when buying and a total of 0.3% when selling.

Quote Originally Posted by hamzan:
    Hey Guys

Cheers
    1. why do you want to trade NASDAQ? Do you know the trading hours for NASDAQ is from 21:30-04:00 in Hong Kong Time, which means you have to stay awake every day until morning?
    2. If you wanna trade NASDAQ after re-consideration, then try to apply a trading account in Tradestation, http://www.tradestation.com/; or Interactive broker, https://www.interactivebrokers.com.hk/en/main.php. Both offers the lowest commission fee in the market, but no reports provided, most of their customers are active pro traders.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go to HK library and read as much as you can get hold of while waiting for the next big crash