Like Tree5Likes

Buying property in Japan: good idea?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Me:
    Guys, let me tell you are are a bunch of complainers. Do you think HK is unique in being expensive? I have friends in London who all know its pricy there, especially for those not in the market...[...]... have friends in Sydney. Guess what. Its expensive there too. I have friend in Brisbane, Australia, Not quite as expensive but they too wish prices were lower as they want to buy. Its not just HK.
    Funny how all of the places you've mentioned have the same problem as HK: An unproportional influx of foreign money (especially from the Mainland)

So in influx of foreign money is a bad thing? Most countries are desperate to attract more investment and actively seek it! I would not agree that in influx of money as a "problem". Indeed is a very nice "problem" to have that many other countries would love to have. Be careful what you ask for and what you complain about. You would likely have much bigger problems (and indeed likely lose your jobs) if money was flowing OUT of HK rather then IN. Or is it just that you have a thing about mainlanders?

So in influx of foreign money is a bad thing? Most countries are desperate to attract more investment and actively seek it! I would not agree that in influx of money as a "problem". Indeed is a very nice "problem" to have that many other countries would love to have. Be careful what you ask for and what you complain about. You would likely have much bigger problems (and indeed likely lose your jobs) if money was flowing OUT of HK rather then IN. Or is it just that you have a thing about mainlanders?
    Learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Funny how all of the places you've mentioned have the same problem as HK: An unproportional influx of foreign money (especially from the Mainland)

As Mr Me says, property is expensive almost all over the world at the moment. Well it's not strange, interest rates around the world are record low, money is cheap and people have nowhere to park their money.

We have a saying in Sweden, goes something like, what is hidden in snow, comes back when it melts. The same thing will happen with property, when interest rates have recovered in 5-10 years or so. Then we will see which markets actually have real demand at these price levels and which markets just had "parked money". It's a risky thing (with leverage) to buy property in speculation in a market like this. To buy your home you live in, to get a lower living cost (and be prepared that it will increase in the future) is always a healthy investment in my mind.

RobRoy leverage is your friend if u time it right. If u had bought any time since 2007 till now you would have made a bigger profit if you bought with then without.

RobRoy leverage is your friend if u time it right. If u had bought any time since 2007 till now you would have made a bigger profit if you bought with then without.
    Of course leverage work both ways. Just saying property prices are pumped up world wide at the moment and it might not be the right time to leverage up in property investments.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Of course leverage work both ways. Just saying property prices are pumped up world wide at the moment and it might not be the right time to leverage up in property investments.
    Oh, yeah agree with that bro. It was way better to leverage a while back but I still think you can buy and make a good gain next few years. I feel and I know I am late to the boat but having said that I feel the boat has further to sale yet. I am looking at some places now that are pretty good value with upside potential.

Oh, yeah agree with that bro. It was way better to leverage a while back but I still think you can buy and make a good gain next few years. I feel and I know I am late to the boat but having said that I feel the boat has further to sale yet. I am looking at some places now that are pretty good value with upside potential.
    Which ones? I am looking for those too.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4