Best online brokerage account?

Closed Thread

Best online brokerage account?

I am planning to switch my brokerage account. The issue is the firm seems to be serving primary small investors who trade by phone. Their web access stinks. Since I spend most of my time outside of HK web access is really important. Do you have any recommendation? Good integration with bank account is a big plus. Thank you

HSBC.

Thank you. I guess you can't go wrong with a rock solid company. What else do you like about them for you to make an unreserved recommendation?

You're new here aren't you?

If you do a search on HSBC in the box on the left you'll will find repeated and extended responses from me on why I like HSBC, and from many other people on why they hate them. I suspect the regulars would prefer that we don't repeat the whole debate here again!

HI

I trade few times with HSBC, I think its not cheap 0.25% and not very convenient tool for trading(no price alert no , mobile phone trading), I am looking too for other broker online if you have any please let me know I just post a new thread.
    some broker like SHK 0.13%/0.038% but dont know the quality?
    I am looking for also mobile trading like Hang seng Bank and alos a mobile phone operator. do you have any advice?

We use eTrade and it's fantastic... very cheap per trade and simple to use.
    Try checking that out. Good luck

thx for your reply
    but I just saw the fees are 299Hk HSBC is 0.25% and SHK is 0.13%/0.038% so it seems not very cheap for HK stock? does they provide market order?
    does they have sms price alert? which mobile phone? company phone do you you advise to follow market on phone? does etrades provide it?
    did you compared with SHK, Hang Seng Bank or others?
    thx

hi

Etrade is cheap but I just phone them and told me cannot trade HK stock yet even they write we can do on their website, I guess because not enough client from HK!!!!