Like Tree2Likes

Lending club for HK residents?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lending club for HK residents?

I read today on the BBC about Lending Club, but unfortunately it's only available to residents in the US. I read about some similar companies in the UK some years ago, when I was living there, only available to residents in the UK.

I am a potential investor, not a borrower. Basically, people who want a small loan sign up, and people who want to lend them money lend them money and receive a much higher interest rate than in the bank (8-10% or so).

Does anybody know if anything similar is available for HK residents??

Here are a few, in various stages of development ;
    http://www.startupshk.com/5-hong-kon...u-should-know/

Liked and irisboards like this.

If anyone is interested in such lending, let me know. I work for a family office that runs a consumer finance company and we can always put something together using our loan book. Not exactly the same, but more secure.

You would need to be licenced under the money lenders ordinance.

Yes. Our family owns consumer finance company, securities company, etc.

wow we even have money lenders in GE so whats your interest rate compared to normal banks???

You are asking how much we lend or pay? You wouldn't want to borrow from us. I was more responding to the first question on putting money with lending clubs as an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighten:
    You are asking how much we lend or pay? You wouldn't want to borrow from us. I was more responding to the first question on putting money with lending clubs as an investment.
    OIC, you want our money to put into your family business. OK GOT IT.

Yes. We have a loan book and can accept investors' money, if there is such interest.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighten:
    Yes. We have a loan book and can accept investors' money, if there is such interest.
    Are you a 當舖?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast