Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    If anyone wants some help they can borrow my dictionary

Is there a queue to borrow it?

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Is there a queue to borrow it?
    surprisingly

Cold and wet and miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by ummbongo:
    That's a rough area of the city centre suburbs. The only renters there are students who would probably be put off by the inevitable high price compared to other places to rent.

edit: if you were forced to choose on pain of death between this and the south deansgate development you posted up a few months ago, go for the south deansgate development.
    Here I come again. I am in touch with another company, for a nice 2 bedroom flat. I like the layout. I think the location is better. What do you think?

https://www.google.com.hk/maps/dir/5...!4m1!3e2?hl=en

Thank you!

LOL. Similar analysis to the last one. I used to play power league football very close to here (up higher ardwick road). Once got a knife pulled out at me for having the temerity to score a goal. LOL.

Only people who would consider living here are students. The Apollo is a pretty cool venue, but the area is pretty rough still.

Liked likes this.

LOL. Similar analysis to the last one. I used to play power league football very close to here (up higher ardwick road). Once got a knife pulled out at me for having the temerity to score a goal. LOL.

Only people who would consider living here are students. The Apollo is a pretty cool venue, but the area is pretty rough still.

Thank you very much. What a shame. Do you mind educating me as to the best areas in Manchester?

I seen Radiohead in Manchester Apollo, it was awesome, small venue, big band, euphoric state ever since!!! some people travels as far as japan and Canada for this band at such a small venue ( at around 3000) is not common, no wonder the tickets sold out in a few minutes
    ummbongo likes this.

Liked, "best" is very difficult to define.

Most pleasant areas are places like Didsbury, Worsley, and the cheshire suburbs like Alderley Edge. The houses here are very, very, expensive. No real incentive to buy here unless you plan to live in it.

If you're looking at pure best margins, then look at old shabby houses in the student areas. Areas like Levenshulme/Fallowfield the houses will be cheaper. Places like Withington and Chorlton houses more expensive. But both areas you'll be able to pile students in, each paying rent on a room which can be lucrative, but with the associated extra risks.

In terms of investment property, I'd be looking in Salford I think. Salford Quays and surrounds. There are a lot of developments around. This area attracts young professionals and, since the BBC moved a lot of its operations there, is teeming with young workers all in need of rental accommodation. The whole area west of Manchester is regenerating and seeing a completely different type of tenant and house prices are on the rise (disclosure: I own a house in Swinton, a shitty area, right next to Worsley. 6/7 years ago, it was rentable really only to benefits tenants, now it's being rented to young professionals. I'm considering selling that house and buying a flat, either in the arse end of london somewhere, or in the salford quays).

Hope this helps.

Liked, "best" is very difficult to define.

Most pleasant areas are places like Didsbury, Worsley, and the cheshire suburbs like Alderley Edge. The houses here are very, very, expensive. No real incentive to buy here unless you plan to live in it.

If you're looking at pure best margins, then look at old shabby houses in the student areas. Areas like Levenshulme/Fallowfield the houses will be cheaper. Places like Withington and Chorlton houses more expensive. But both areas you'll be able to pile students in, each paying rent on a room which can be lucrative, but with the associated extra risks.

In terms of investment property, I'd be looking in Salford I think. Salford Quays and surrounds. There are a lot of developments around. This area attracts young professionals and, since the BBC moved a lot of its operations there, is teeming with young workers all in need of rental accommodation. The whole area west of Manchester is regenerating and seeing a completely different type of tenant and house prices are on the rise (disclosure: I own a house in Swinton, a shitty area, right next to Worsley. 6/7 years ago, it was rentable really only to benefits tenants, now it's being rented to young professionals. I'm considering selling that house and buying a flat, either in the arse end of london somewhere, or in the salford quays).

Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much! Yes, this helps a lot!