Like Tree19Likes

10 year savings plan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

buy 0823, 0002, 0003, 0066, 6823, & 0405....

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    haha. not wrong. just trying to find decent yield when bond 10y for a A company is paying 2.5%...
    For me MUB (US) + LQDE (UK) + SEMB (UK) have worked well .. future.. who knows.

Thanks for more comments..

stocks list >> maybe i will nimble some.. just can't get thru the valuation resistance..

i know fairly well the impact of early withdrawal of such policies.. so if i purchase it it will be a money forgotten for the next 20years..
    are these good ? bad ? i think for someone that sometimes gets lazy, it might not be a bad deal... and then you realized there are money floating out there somewhere after a while..

its just going to be a small part of the whole portfolio of investment.. not going to dump that much into it.. so still slightly inclined...

its just going to be a small part of the whole portfolio of investment.. not going to dump that much into it.. so still slightly inclined...
    Personally i think if one has diversified enough on core portfolio, such products also add good value to diversification-mix for any spare disposable income.. No guarantee bond and/or stocks will perform well in future recessions, if nothing else such product gives peace of mind and good sleep with consistent cash flow at very least..

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Personally i think if one has diversified enough on core portfolio, such products also add good value to diversification-mix for any spare disposable income.. No guarantee bond and/or stocks will perform well in future recessions, if nothing else such product gives peace of mind and good sleep with consistent cash flow at very least..
    yes precisely that's what i think... most of us are heavier into equities.. i looked at the AIA list of funds for TVC.. even ignoring the cost of management, the performance is really pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    yes precisely that's what i think... most of us are heavier into equities.. i looked at the AIA list of funds for TVC.. even ignoring the cost of management, the performance is really pathetic...
    You mean qualifying deferred annuity and not TVC which is for MPF!!

BTW random thought since you are interested in annuity product, depending on your tax slab and the amount you want to invest in, its worth comparing your potential product (IRR ~ 4-5% ) vs qualifying deferred annuity product (IRR ~ 2-3%) (QDAP), the former gives you better guaranteed return but later gives greater tax saving (we had long discussion on it in other thread) so lets say if you are planning to work here for certain number of years and if it matches with your premium paying term, it will help you with great tax saving effectively making QDAP more attractive even with comparatively lower IRR.. You can work out different scenarios depending on your amount/years etc..

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    You mean qualifying deferred annuity and not TVC which is for MPF!!

BTW random thought since you are interested in annuity product, depending on your tax slab and the amount you want to invest in, its worth comparing your potential product (IRR ~ 4-5% ) vs qualifying deferred annuity product (IRR ~ 2-3%) (QDAP), the former gives you better guaranteed return but later gives greater tax saving (we had long discussion on it in other thread) so lets say if you are planning to work here for certain number of years and if it matches with your premium paying term, it will help you with great tax saving effectively making QDAP more attractive even with comparatively lower IRR.. You can work out different scenarios depending on your amount/years etc..
    yes this thread is about annuity but i was also looking at TVC and deferred annuity.
    considering everything in a pack...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5