Like Tree16Likes

Buy Gold Teal - Need information

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HKHiking:
    I am still curious as to why you want to buy gold. Anyway, if you have decided, the way to go is to buy ounce coins (Canadian, USA, Austria, etc.), since these are more liquid.
    No no I am not that curious to buy gold,, its just that I dont have knowledge as you said and you are right, so gold was the only option came to my mind

What about hk governments ibonds? 0 risk and an interest rate cutrently of about 4% or so (but it could drop).

jrkob likes this.

Hang seng bank main headquarters in central definitely has gold coins. 1/4, 1/2 and 1 ounce they should have in stock.

I think it is good to put a small % into gold. It isn't an investment to put everything in but a tool to save money and if it goes up good. Its good when times are bad and safe from the government and bank defaults. But you need to store it securely.

Quote Originally Posted by HKHiking:
    You can also buy from KITCO
    Look at their spread compared to Hang Seng Bank and immediately forget that idea.MANDM! has said everything necessary, just a bit longer than my recommendation.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Hang seng bank main headquarters in central definitely has gold coins. 1/4, 1/2 and 1 ounce they should have in stock.

I think it is good to put a small % into gold. It isn't an investment to put everything in but a tool to save money and if it goes up good. Its good when times are bad and safe from the government and bank defaults. But you need to store it securely.
    But it is only the headquarters that stock the coins.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    Look at their spread compared to Hang Seng Bank and immediately forget that idea.MANDM! has said everything necessary, just a bit longer than my recommendation.
    I don't know what their spread is, and I am sure you are right. I just want to point out that you don't need to sell back to them. So just buy from the guy who sells it cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:

Safe from the government and bank defaults?? Haha. What is the last time a government stole money from its people? And what is the last time that a bank defaulted and the money one deposited was lost?

Compare that to the last time thieves broke into a man's house and stole his valuable.

I would rather park my savings in a HK bank than buy gold and leave it at home (or in a security box in a bank, for that matter...)!
    MandM! and TheBrit like this.

Gold plays a significant part in Harry Browne's Permanent Portfolio:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fail-Safe_Investing

but it's fallen out of favour due to poor performance these days.

HK Gold gets better value in India and Nepal when reselling.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    HK Gold gets better value in India and Nepal when reselling.
    If you don't get caught.