Entitlement Rights?

Closed Thread

Entitlement Rights?

Just got this info from HK Broker. They are very unresponsive to english emails so thought i'd ask here.

Seems this HK stock (1717) will be offering me an opportunity to buy more shares at price of $2.20. 1 share per 10 now owned. Today's price of 1717 is $2.15 and moves up and down a dime a day.

Am i missing some vital news or info on this opportunity? I can't quite see what i am 'entitled' to. I can buy more shares anytime i want so what's going on here? There may be a minimum number of shares available to buy on the open market so this lets me buy fewer, but i don't know.

I must opt in to 'take advantage' or if do nothing, lose the deal.

Terms:

1) Entitlement Ratio: Entitle 1 Rights for every 10 Share(s) of Ausnutria Dairy Corp Ltd held on 6 November 2015.
    2) Subscription Ratio: 1 Rights to Subscribe for 1 Share(s) of Ausnutria Dairy Corp Ltd
    3) Subscription Price: HKD 2.2 per Share
    4) Other:

Rights normally have an expiry date, if by that time the share price goes above the strike price then you can exercise and buy shares cheaper. If it doesn't then you don't exercise and allow the rights to lapse. In some cases rights can also be traded on the secondary market.

Rights are normally issued free to existing shareholders. Options and warrants generally are bought.