Like Tree21Likes

Recent land sales

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

6 months ago I had a conversation with a friend who, as a renter, was worried about falling rents. He gets a housing allowance based on market conditions. He was worried about his housing allowance dropping while his rent stays fixed for the remainder of the contract. Hilarious that everyone has a different opinion based on the side they're rooting for.

Meanwhile something to keep in mind for the renters out there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/re...happiness.html

Last edited by civil_servant; 27-02-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    6 months ago I had a conversation with a friend who, as a renter, was worried about falling rents. He gets a housing allowance based on market conditions. He was worried about his housing allowance dropping while his rent stays fixed for the remainder of the contract. Hilarious that everyone has a different opinion based on the side they're rooting for.

Meanwhile something to keep in mind for the renters out there.
    How is that hilarious? Normal I would just say,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    How is that hilarious? Normal I would just say,,,
    Because there's an ironic element to my friends situation and possible others in the market. Yes, that's normal, ironic nonetheless.

All gearing up for a huge bubble/crash!

civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    All gearing up for a huge bubble/crash!
    We've been gearing up for a huge bubble/crash since at least 2009. When is it going to come? I remember the week I bought my HK flat in 2009, two days later it was front page news about some shack on 38 Conduit Road that sold for record prices and everyone predicted the whole HK property market was about to crash. I shat my pants thinking I'd made a major fuck up. But in reality 8 years later and it's still rising.
    Mat and aussie_oi_oi_oi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    We've been gearing up for a huge bubble/crash since at least 2009. When is it going to come? I remember the week I bought my HK flat in 2009, two days later it was front page news about some shack on 38 Conduit Road that sold for record prices and everyone predicted the whole HK property market was about to crash. I shat my pants thinking I'd made a major fuck up. But in reality 8 years later and it's still rising.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yep, you're right. Free markets at work and perfect win for Hong Kong.
    Of course I am. In today's news....

Hong Kong developers will increasingly find themselves having to choose between riskier land bank policies and eroding market shares.
    Hong Kong’s biggest landowners usurped by mainland developers | South China Morning Post

Saw this comment on the SCMP post about Ap Lei Chau WTF, seriously WTF, 11.2 Mil for a shitty 350sqft apartment LOL

At $32,000 per square foot, a 350 sf apartment with 1 bedroom will go for $11,200,000 net. Need at least 4 million to get on board.
    civil_servant and TheBrit like this.

Direct all comments to civil servant. He is the designated spokesperson of the govt and will tell you about all those wonderful play grounds and bridges that will be built from the funds raised by the sale if the land.