Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree14Likes

8 Securities?

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1

    I’ve read from another post that they charges a lot when you withdraw money from 8 security. Does anyone here have experience with that.


  2. #32

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Veggie, HK
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanchai
    I’ve read from another post that they charges a lot when you withdraw money from 8 security. Does anyone here have experience with that.
    where did you read that?
    their reply is no fee on withdrawal.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Hang Hau
    Posts
    5

    Hi, anyone know if you can trade in pre-market on US equity using 8 securities?


  4. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    θ–„ζ‰Άζž—
    Posts
    22,589
    Quote Originally Posted by tabascorez
    Hi, anyone know if you can trade in pre-market on US equity using 8 securities?
    Their FAQ suggests you cannot.

    The U.S. stock markets are open from 9.30am to 4pm EST. This is 9.30pm to 4am (daylight savings time) and 10.30pm to 5am (standard time). You can place orders for the U.S. market anytime and they will automatically be executed when the market opens.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,780

    Just wondering, has anyone given this platform a try? Are you satisfied?


  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    Just wondering, has anyone given this platform a try? Are you satisfied?
    I have an account with them. Purely used it to sell some certificated shares.

    For some reason they have given me 1 share in Groupon. Reminds me, should try and sell that share and close my account now.
    civil_servant likes this.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    79

    Oh why are you closing your account? I thought no fees is a good reason to buy thru them? SAXO and IB charge too much for my liking and I don't trade that often.


  8. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by martykay
    Oh why are you closing your account? I thought no fees is a good reason to buy thru them? SAXO and IB charge too much for my liking and I don't trade that often.
    Cause I don't buy US shares.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    73

    Why would anyone bother with 8 securities? Why take a chance, this company inspires absolutely no confidence me. The most I would do is use it for a tiny amount of money say 100k for trading, but nothing else, and certainly not for long term holding.


Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4