Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree26Likes

Best credit card in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Would I look gay if I used that card to pay for groceries at my local PnS?
    nivantj likes this.

bdw

Actually this SC ATM card is not bad. I just logged into my internet banking and straight away it gives me an option to order my Hero card and select 3 of my accounts to link with the card and whether I want English or Chinese interface on the ATM. Its an ATM card not a credit card. They also customise the cards a bit for priority members. I've just ordered an Iron Man card linked to my savings, current and overdraft account, and later I might order the Captain America card to link to some of my other integrated deposit accounts. But Im a bit disaapointed it is a unionpay card and not the Cirrus/Maestro card so I might have more difficulty using it overseas. Usually when ordering a replacement card at a branch you can choose between Unionpay or Cirrus/Maestro.

Seriously, I really did just order an Iron man card. The main reason is my current ATM card is scuffed up a bit and starting to crack sitting in my wallet under my ass all day long so I needed to go to a branch to order a new card soon anyway. Now I can just do it all online and I get Iron Man included!

Yep upvote for the Standard Chartered Asiamiles Mastercard. The fact it is also paypass means you can use it in 7/11 etc in place of an octopus card and the miles add up pretty quickly

(Especially if you tend to buy a redbull and a chocolate bar every time you go past a 7/11) *keels over*

@bdw, why do you need an ATM card ? Doesn't your SC credit card include ATM services already ?
    You save one slot in your wallet. I haven't had an ATM card in a long time.
    (but yes you don't have a superhero card in your wallet either which I agree they look cool).

bdw

@jrkob actually I use it when overseas, as a priority member I get fee free access to every ATM from every bank worldwide (much better than HSBC premier that only give free access to other HSBC ATM's). But if I use the credit card overseas it sometimes stuffs up or I cannot choose which account to deduct from and if it comes from the credit account it's not free and also has cash advance charges. So you are right in HK I don't really need it but this superhero card is great when overseas. It's the cheapest way for me to do money conversion when travelling overseas.

What's so special about it?

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345