Like Tree40Likes

Best credit card in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Best credit card in HK?

Which bank offers the best credit cards, in term of cash rebate?

I think there was a thread about it some years ago, but I can't find it, and the conditions might have changed.

None

Citi has a cash back card of sorts.

I believe the HSBC Visa Signature Card offers the best cash back. Minimum 1.2% cash back on all local and overseas spending, and a higher 3.6% cashback on one designated spending category of your choice.

Original Post Deleted
    I believe you are getting 1.2% back on all spending with this card, and then an extra 2.4% (total 3.6%) on spending on one category of your choice. Is this not how this card works?

I just did the Math on our Cathay Pacific Elite Credit Card.

Over 2 years and 4 months we've spent $500000 on the card and have received 160000 Airmiles including welcome bonus, buying Cathay flights once a year, and doing the occasional overseas spending. For 145000 Airmiles, I can get a return flight Business class to Toronto in March of 2018 for a value of $62000. That's a cashback of 12.4% and I still have enough miles to get a return flight Economy to Taiwan.

jrkob, bdw and rickyross like this.

My OH seems to like this one at the moment:

https://www.sc.com/hk/credit-cards/asiamiles/

Last edited by emx; 20-04-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Credit card providers love cash back rewards, they're the cheapest to run. The best value for consumers is always to pursue air miles/Asia miles etc.

shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Ah ok. Re-reading HSBC website I think the Visa Signature gives minimum 0.4% cashback on all spending, then 1.2% cash back on 5 categories (not all as I first thought), then 3.6% cash back on 1 category. Still, how many categories are there? 5 must cover the majority of your spending, no? I don't know, I dont use HSBC myself. I use Standard Chartered Asia miles.

To the OP, are you specifically looking for cash back only and not Asia Miles/reward points/or any other kind of schemes?

Thinking of getting this one before Christmas, then get those A30000. December is always a big spending month.

This sounds fantastic too.

Buy-1-get-1-free for handcrafted beverages at all HABITŪ stores

Do you know their criteria for the fee waiver?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast