Like Tree87Likes

HSI / 2800 - Ups and Downs

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Why should I leave my money in a savings account while I wait to buy an apartment?

shri, hullexile and jrkob like this.

Global markets taking massive hit

My banker just wrote me that now is a good time to buy as all the economic data is good.
    My strategy the last 15 years has always been to do the exact opposite of what he advises and only rarely has that been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    My banker just wrote me that now is a good time to buy as all the economic data is good.
    My strategy the last 15 years has always been to do the exact opposite of what he advises and only rarely has that been wrong.
    So does that mean you are going to sell?

Original Post Deleted
    Worst advice I still remember was mainly with chf and yen loans at that time, life insurance and some terrible funds he recommended. Also just at the start of the 2008 crash he was very bullish.

I never had much short positions but for some industrial metals when I was still working with them for my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    Worst advice I still remember was mainly with chf and yen loans at that time, life insurance and some terrible funds he recommended. Also just at the start of the 2008 crash he was very bullish.

I never had much short positions but for some industrial metals when I was still working with them for my job.
    How wealthy is your banker?
    shri, hullexile and Drunken Master like this.

You're with the same guy since 2008? He must be doing SOMETHING right.
    Nep likes this.

hope the worst is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    hope the worst is over.
    Wait and see what happens tomorrow!
    Grumbler likes this.

Well I'm pretty cautious through all this, but I've just used the opportunity today to buy a few more shares of 2638 HK Electric. I was eyeing it for a while and suddenly at $7.14 which is a bit of a discount from recent weeks. I plan to hold long term as its giving out nearly 6% dividend.

shri, Grumbler and drumbrake like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast