Like Tree29Likes

RIP Bloomberg App - Yahoo v/s Google Sheets for Tracking Portfolios

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

@shri I tried bloomberg last night and works great for me and does what I want. I'm happy with this to replace the old google finance. Even the app works fine on both my iphone and android phone. I don't know what you are talking about taking 10 minutes to load your portfolio, you must be a man of great wealth it if takes that long to load your portfolio! I'm just a poor man only takes a second to load mine.

@bdw - What OS / phone are you on for Android?

The load speeds are just weird - about 30-45 seconds on a portfolio with 2-3 line items. Then if I tap on a stock to see its detail page, 45-60 seconds, if I scroll on the tabs and try to pull up the key stats - another 30-60 seconds.

For the last couple of days, I seem to be unable to load half or more of the articles or even the simple portfolio because of network timeouts/errors (everything else loads just fine - NYT, PayPal, Maps, Geo..)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @bdw - What OS / phone are you on for Android?

The load speeds are just weird - about 30-45 seconds on a portfolio with 2-3 line items. Then if I tap on a stock to see its detail page, 45-60 seconds, if I scroll on the tabs and try to pull up the key stats - another 30-60 seconds.

For the last couple of days, I seem to be unable to load half or more of the articles or even the simple portfolio because of network timeouts/errors (everything else loads just fine - NYT, PayPal, Maps, Geo..)
    iphone 6s and a very old oneplus one. Are you on Oreo 8, maybe it dosent like that? Admittedly the app does look a bit bloated and full of news articles and shit I dont really need. But the watchlist function works fine and clicking on any of my stock in there, drilling down to show lots etc, everything is instant for me.

I think this whole thread is just one big humblebrag about how big your stock portfolio is. "Oh it takes 10 minutes for my bloomberg portfolio to load. Who else with big portfolio's like me suffers this same misery". You poor sod. Bloody first world problems

i use Webull. by far the best that i have used.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I think this whole thread is just one big humblebrag about how big your stock portfolio is. "Oh it takes 10 minutes for my bloomberg portfolio to load. Who else with big portfolio's like me suffers this same misery". You poor sod. Bloody first world problems
    Weird ... 2-3 line portfolio.

Let me ask you one thing, do you use lots (i.e. on 1/1/18 you bought 500 shares of 2800 @ X price, on 2/1/18 you bought 500 at Y price)? That might be an issue... I'll try to set it up without lots, just as a watch list and see what happens.

And yes, I'm on Android 8 on a Xiaomi A1
    Last edited by shri; 21-03-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I bet my portfolio is bigger than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Weird ... 2-3 line portfolio.

Let me ask you one thing, do you use lots (i.e. on 1/1/18 you bought 500 shares of 2800 @ X price, on 2/1/18 you bought 500 at Y price)? That might be an issue... I'll try to set it up without lots, just as a watch list and see what happens.

And yes, I'm on Android 8 on a Xiaomi A1
    Yes I am using the lot function and entered in a bunch of stocks last night, some with 2-3 lots. This was really what I was looking for because I'm wanting to see my personal gain/loss each day in HKD rather than just a general watch list. So I'm betting the problem might be android 8.

Ok, will check, have my old phone lying around @ home and it runs Android 7something.

Do you display the lots (hide / show lots button) when you view the portfolio?

Hiding or showing the lots both works fine, and toggling the button on and off is almost instant.

shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Do you mean the corporate actions?

like this?

Name:  HSBA.png
Views: 269
Size:  247.7 KB

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast