• 1 Post By jamesattree
  • 1 Post By freeier
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By Onionman

HS Index Stocks - Quarterly Dividends

Closed Thread

HS Index Stocks - Quarterly Dividends

Hi,

Could anyone please tell which which companies on the Hang Seng Index pay a dividend 4 times a year?

So far I have only managed to find two which are HSBC which pays at a very good rate of 4-5% quarterly and Hang Seng bank which is fairly mediocre in comparison. Are these the only two?

Obviously I don't want to keep all of my eggs in one HSBC basket and I have found a huge number of companies that pay out twice a year but four beats two!

Thank you

Not looked too deep, but HSBC is the only one I've found with quarterly payments and one of the few that offers stock as dividend, allowing you to reinvest the dividend painlessly.

And for the record, it is an annual amount of 4-5%, split into quarterly payments, not 4-5% a quarter.

I get hit with a $30 fee on every dividend payout, so I don't like the ones that pay 4 times per year. I much prefer the ones that pay once or twice a year, especially if I'm not holding huge amounts of that stock.

I have some investment funds that pay monthly without any payout fees (they have fees in other ways).

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not looked too deep, but HSBC is the only one I've found with quarterly payments and one of the few that offers stock as dividend, allowing you to reinvest the dividend painlessly.

And for the record, it is an annual amount of 4-5%, split into quarterly payments, not 4-5% a quarter.

Thank you very much.

I am still quite new to this and it did seem too good to be true.
    Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I get hit with a $30 fee on every dividend payout, so I don't like the ones that pay 4 times per year. I much prefer the ones that pay once or twice a year, especially if I'm not holding huge amounts of that stock.

I have some investment funds that pay monthly without any payout fees (they have fees in other ways).
    either you get hit or the funds get hit.
    so if you have a fund that pays out every month, they would have to pay the administrator to administer the monthly payment ... the cost is not deducted from you but it is deducted directly from the fund's nav.

either way you lose out.
    shri likes this.

Does CLP pay the dividend by way of stock, or is it cash only?

Random note: to check if the company pays dividends in stocks/cash, check the dividends page on AAStocks for that company.

You will see a column called "Type" under which you will see "Cash/Scrip" if the company offers stocks.

SINO LAND (00083.HK) - Dividend History

HSBC HOLDINGS (00005.HK) - Dividend History

gigglinggal likes this.

I go for the scrip dividend option for HSBC and Sino Land shares I have and reinvest the dividend in both cases, avoiding the fee. It still pays to double check under corporate actions for each stock on a case by case basis.

gigglinggal likes this.

Another random note.. while playing around, I figured this might be an easy way to find all the stocks that offered cash / scrip dividends.

A google / site restricted search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%27C...Fdividend.aspx