Like Tree172Likes

HSBC Premier / Expat / InvestDirect - UK Shares

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoadAhead:
    Hm so if you can’t use that to maintain Premier what is the point of using HSBC Expat for buying UK ETFs when you can do it through IB/Saxo?
    If you keep 50k GBP in HSBC Expat or InvestDirect, you can qualify for Premier out of HSBC Jersey, which of course also applies globally. I've changed my HSBC Premier "base" from HK to Jersey and effectively halved the balance needed to maintain the status. For anyone who does this, make sure to inform Hk side of the switch in location base else they'll still charge you the monthly fee.
    Last edited by foxwendal; 19-04-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    TheRoadAhead and z754103 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwendal:
    If you keep 50k GBP in HSBC Expat or InvestDirect, you can qualify for Premier out of HSBC Jersey, which of course also applies globally. I've changed my HSBC Premier "base" from HK to Jersey and effectively halved the balance needed to maintain the status. For anyone who does this, make sure to inform Hk side of the switch in location base else they'll still charge you the monthly fee.
    Very interesting... I might just do that. Can you see all of your accounts and investments through the HSBC HK app?

Very interesting... I might just do that. Can you see all of your accounts and investments through the HSBC HK app?
    you can see the total balance but not the specific shares.
    TheRoadAhead likes this.

Once you've linked your accounts globally through the main online banking platform(s), you can use the HK app to see the balances of all accounts. However, for a more in depth view you need to log on to your online banking.
    TheRoadAhead likes this.

Does this work with HSBC advance too?

Does this work with HSBC advance too?
    All the charges here for you.

https://www.expat.hsbc.com/content/d...ges-010319.pdf

Separately and may/may not apply, but you can also qualify for Expat by having a salary of 100k GBP (or currency equivalent) as a standalone qualification criteria. You do not need to hold additional funds, or meet the 50k GBP balance. This will still allow you to keep Premier in all countries.
    TheRoadAhead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AliT:
    All the charges here for you.

https://www.expat.hsbc.com/content/d...ges-010319.pdf

Separately and may/may not apply, but you can also qualify for Expat by having a salary of 100k GBP (or currency equivalent) as a standalone qualification criteria. You do not need to hold additional funds, or meet the 50k GBP balance. This will still allow you to keep Premier in all countries.
    thank you so helpful!

regarding Jersey, any tax or legal implications in the US? As it seems this is a UK service but the processing is done in Jersey ?

My bad... I was thinking of Jersey city in the US

greenmark likes this.

I hope as a non UK citizen/resident I won't be affected by UK taxes or have to fill UK taxes every year. Should I go through Premier RM in HK to contact them (that goes against her interest to sale me more products here in HK...) or should I reach out to EXPAT directly?

I hope as a non UK citizen/resident I won't be affected by UK taxes or have to fill UK taxes every year. Should I go through Premier RM in HK to contact them (that goes against her interest to sale me more products here in HK...) or should I reach out to EXPAT directly?
    In my experience I would contact Expat directly. If you don’t know who your RM is (and you may be managed centrally), contact the main office number which is in Jersey and ask them. They will guide you from there.
    TheRoadAhead likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast