Like Tree132Likes

MPF: how to boost returns?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe
    Why? I am generally a cautious investor. Is this a good idea?

Doesn't TVC go automatically to the DIS anyway?

Don't know what your investable choices are, but since your objective is the tax savings over this short period of time, the lowest risk way would be to invest in a money market fund.. where the return is, honestly, almost nothing, especially after they deduct the fees for the schemes.. but also means you will get back at least what you put in...

with just six months, you don't want market risk ...

money market funds are when the managers invest in very liquid and low risk assets.. so you get somewhat like a savings account profile.
    Pauljoecoe likes this.

high-jacking this thread but have a related question.... I now need to set up my own MPF having started a sole propietorship. I have an AIA fund and an AIA AVC fund.... they seem competant and I finally figured out how to log into their website... but are there any better or cheaper providers? (And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply on their website, so "ease of use" is also a criteria!). Something that's got lot cost index tracking would be perfect.....

And if I then set up a new one, can I transfer out the AIA one into the new one, or do I end up with multiple funds????

yes you can transfer out and consolidate your MPFs. If I recall correctly (you would need to confirm) you are limited to once a year consolidations meaning if you consolidate provider A to provider B then you have to keep in provider B for a year before you switch on out to provider C. This doesn't preclude you from consolidating multiple providers into one provider.

HK_Katherine likes this.

hmmmm not sure what's going on but my MPF just added $10K in a week!
    hope it continues on this trend

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    high-jacking this thread but have a related question.... I now need to set up my own MPF having started a sole propietorship. I have an AIA fund and an AIA AVC fund.... they seem competant and I finally figured out how to log into their website... but are there any better or cheaper providers? (And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply on their website, so "ease of use" is also a criteria!). Something that's got lot cost index tracking would be perfect.....

And if I then set up a new one, can I transfer out the AIA one into the new one, or do I end up with multiple funds????
    Hey Katherine, where you able to find out which company offers the cheapest funds?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20