Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By freeier

List of private investment providers in Hong Kong

List of private investment providers in Hong Kong

Hi,

I recently moved to Hong Kong and now need to find a good provider where I can pay in money (lump sum & regular payments) that invests my money in an approach that's very hands-off from my site (i.e. discretionary account), as I work in financial industry and private investments are very strictly regulated.
    I am just interested in getting some names of good providers and would then like to browse through their offering. If someone knows a provider that he/she is convinced are very good, also happy if you could share that with me.

I appreciate this got asked before, in case there is a good thread, can you please point me to it?

Thanks,
    Christian

I recently moved to Hong Kong and now need to find a good provider where I can pay in money (lump sum & regular payments) that invests my money in an approach that's very hands-off from my site (i.e. discretionary account), as I work in financial industry and private investments are very strictly regulated.
    The few folks I know in asset management tend to put their money ETFs and a few into broad market funds that are approved by their institutions.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

As long as the account is a discretionary account, in my case there are no restrictions regarding the provider. Are there any particular providers you heard which they use?

don't think there are that many discretionary accounts in this part of the world..
    the private banking clients have them.. so if you are at that tier you can try UBS or maybe one of the asian banks private banking..

what shri mentioned is most of these restriction in share trading by the financial institutions usually exempt ETFs from their restriction list.. so you might want to try just buying a chunk of ETFs and sitting on them passively.

shri likes this.