Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By huja

How do you track your investments?

How do you track your investments?

Like many people in HK, I have investments spread across HK and US stocks/ETFs, funds, etc. I have played around with some of the portfolio analysis sites out there (they are supposed to summarise your asset allocation and make rebalancing suggestions), but found that they couldn't identify some of the securties/funds that I own. Any suggestions?

I've recently switched to PeekSoft's "My Stock Portfolio" for simple tracking. No advanced analytics or rebalancing in there, but I don't have any complicated needs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.stocks&hl=en

I also use this for an overview. I personally think this one is better if you can play around with spreadsheets.

Free Online Investment Stock Portfolio Tracker Spreadsheet

jrkob likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

I have also used portfoliovisualiser.com for testing some stuff.. unfortunately no coverage for international (non-US) stocks.

Do those systems have good support for funds? The key feature I want is to be able to enter all my various fund holdings and arrive at an overview of my asset allocation.

Name:  91Hq-dydvFL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  205.0 KB

Name:  eiycno1mmqc01.png
Views: 164
Size:  199.8 KB
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hksomewhere
    Do those systems have good support for funds? The key feature I want is to be able to enter all my various fund holdings and arrive at an overview of my asset allocation.
    What sort of funds? Are they trackable on Bloomberg / Yahoo / Google Finance for example?

This product is getting a lot of buzz on personal finance sites in the U.S. However, I don't feel comfortable granting access to my various accounts to a third-party product.

https://www.personalcapital.com/financial-software

@huja - I think I see ads for this product when I'm on Youtube with a US connection. I suspected it is more of a data gathering exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    @huja - I think I see ads for this product when I'm on Youtube with a US connection. I suspected it is more of a data gathering exercise.
    Suppose to be some analysis and guidance . . . and probably some plugs for their financial services. The link below looks like an ad dressed up as a review however, it does offer some good info.

https://investorjunkie.com/13093/per...apital-review/

Don't know about this service, but most of the US services I've tried involve granting access to your account information with US banks & financial advisors. Doesn't help someone in HK transacting with local banks and brokers.