Like Tree27Likes

Long term investment setup? ETF/Bonds advice needed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

You are probably right that it doesn't make sense. To transfer stocks out, Saxo charges "a HKD500 fee per security, and 1,600 max". Saxo charges USD 9 to buy US-traded securities, and Euro 12 for EU-traded securities

If you consider that Julius Baer (which I would use for safekeeping the stocks) charges 0.35% to buy US traded securities, and 0.4% for all other countries, you would need to buy like ... a lot to make it worth it buying from Saxo (Julius Baer also charges a 0.1% yearly fee for safekeeping the stocks).

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    Are you asking for "securities" in general ? I've held bonds with HSBC HK that were not listed on any exchange. No problemo.
    (I doubt this will be the same with stocks... but... not tried here)
    Yeah I was more referring to stocks. As my guess was that they asked the question in relation to buying ETFs on the LSE and than transfer to a local bank here. And I doubt they would accept those but would be good to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith
    Yeah I was more referring to stocks. As my guess was that they asked the question in relation to buying ETFs on the LSE and than transfer to a local bank here. And I doubt they would accept those but would be good to know for sure.
    I believe what was discussed here a few weeks ago is that HSBC HK can accept at least "some" LSE-listed stocks.
    I am lazy to go dig the thread...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4