Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Property prices to run higher for another ten years?

Property prices to run higher for another ten years?

UBS is predicting HK's property bull market to run another decade:
    https://www.scmp.com/property/hong-k...s-its-bull-run

Even as an investor and a home owner, I don't see this as a good thing for Hong Kong.

At some point, many people will take their money out of HK and retire elsewhere. There has to be a tipping point - one way or another.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    At some point, many people will take their money out of HK and retire elsewhere. There has to be a tipping point - one way or another.
    We've been seeing elements of this since at least the early 2000s - people retiring to Shenzhen or Thailand (I know a few who when to Malaysia).
    muzzdang and theracingdriver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    After my own retirement, I hope.
    Zero Gravitas likes this.

bdw

Why only 10 years and not 20? Someone has just pulled a number out of their arse to get a nice headline

you need these bullish report for correction to happen.. correction generally is when all money are in and momentum is exhausted.. if people still waiting for a correction then correction will not happen meaningfully because there will be liquidity waiting to pick up any falls..

so yes, please have more bullish reports. 8-)

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor
    We've been seeing elements of this since at least the early 2000s - people retiring to Shenzhen or Thailand (I know a few who when to Malaysia).
    We're also seeing this happen with friends from HK/left-HK but-we-love-Asia types.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

No la!!! This guy has crystal ball..

“If you ask me whether home prices will continue to rise over the next 30 to 50 years, the answer is definitely yes,” said Vincorn Consulting and Appraisal’s managing director Vincent Cheung
    Most of these analysts are chameleons, its takes 5% drop to change their tune..

Of course, if the world embraces MMT, prices will rise in nominal prices – running the monetary printing presses has never ended well but that's never stopped desperate governments in the past so why should this time be any different?

Our analysis based on demographics and non-local demand
    Isn't this common sense these two factors will definitely cause the prices to increase? They are the factors that have caused the prices to rise for the last decade.

I believe the only factors that will lead to a significant decrease are unforeseen such as political, man-made or natural disasters.
    markranson likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast