Like Tree3Likes

Alibaba listing on HKSE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alibaba listing on HKSE

What will a potential listing of Alibaba here at the HKSE mean for of BABA on the NYSE? Does it dilute share value down the road?

Unless they buy back shares on the NYSE, yes, the secondary listing is dilutive to existing shareholders.

Oh crap. Any more details besides the news? I sure hope they buy back my shares.

Follows SMIC delisting their ADRs...

https://www.scmp.com/business/compan...actical-reason

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Follows SMIC delisting their ADRs...

https://www.scmp.com/business/compan...actical-reason
    I think the trading of SMIC and Alibaba will probably be significantly different. I would expect Alibaba shares to be quite liquid.

Timing of the secondary listing may also be related to rump Yahoo announcing its selling its stake in Alibaba.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj:
    Among the most obvious would be to start buying back SoftBank Group Corp.s stake in Alibaba, which is valued at around $120 billion.
    I don't think this is obvious to Masayoshi Son - unless they want to kick him out.

shri likes this.

4.) Property and Equipment continues to increase with no explanation. Property & Equipment (net of depreciation of $2.227 Billion) purchases were $5.342 Billion during the year. (There was no mention of what it might be comprised of.) That would make property acquisitions during the year the rough equivalent of the cost to build four (4) Burj Khalifas. (i.e. the tallest building in the world) during the year. That's right, not one (1), not two (2)....etc. But four (4) of them. If I were a BABA investor or analyst, I might have to ask, what exactly is all of this Real Estate and equipment? I'd like a few street addresses and perhaps a valuation and description, or two or three, of the biggest property acquisitions. Perhaps they bought 300,000 company cars instead of the four Burj Khalifas?
    Classic. We do not discuss the emperor's clothes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast