Like Tree17Likes

Kristal.AI

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kristal.AI

I did a search, I couldn't find a single mention of this platform on Geo!

Has anyone tried it? Feedback? Results?

*I am in no way affiliated with Kristal.AI*

https://kristal.ai/hkg/

Robo advisers are becoming more wide spread.

While I have never heard of Kristal (set up in 2016), this statement from their website makes it less likely that I would consider using them: "

Our flagship portfolios, branded as Kristals, are known for outperforming global indices."

The only other robo advisor I know in HK is Chole by 8 Securities, but it can only trade on HK listed ETFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I did a search, I couldn't find a single mention of this platform on Geo!

Has anyone tried it? Feedback? Results?

*I am in no way affiliated with Kristal.AI*

https://kristal.ai/hkg/
    Seems this uses either IB or Saxo as its trading platform.

I wish some of these robo platforms allowed you to setup demo accounts and keep virtual cash in there for 3-6 months. What better way to prove your abilities?

Rob2020 and Cwbguy like this.

Yet, poets go on about love at first sight.

Rob2020 likes this.

If robo advisors were any good they'd use them to increase their own wealth, instead of renting them out for pennies. Kinda like stock "experts" on the radio, if they'd know what they are talking about they wouldn't have to work for the radio stations

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If robo advisors were any good they'd use them to increase their own wealth, instead of renting them out for pennies. Kinda like stock "experts" on the radio, if they'd know what they are talking about they wouldn't have to work for the radio stations
    Reminded me of this story I read earlier...

Sean Dobson, Amherst’s CEO, is an imposing Texan data savant who dropped out of college to get into mortgage trading. A decade ago, he made a killing shorting shaky debt during the housing crash. Today he’s adding 1,000 homes a month to his empire with the help of artificial intelligence, using data modeling to make dozens of offers a day on potentially profitable houses.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...ire/ar-AADdgJM
    mrgoodkat likes this.

I've seen their pitch, like most of the startups here, the lack of technical talents (or the cost to get them) makes it impossible for them to build what they claim. These so called roboadvisor are just BS. All these people think they manage to beat the market with three lines of codes lol. It's not like all the other banks haven't tried and the hedge funds.

Just ask them how they calculate their portfolio return, time weighted or money weighted? If they can't answer you clearly it means it's completely made up.

Hi there!

I work at Kristal.AI and I happened to see this thread. We've been a little late to the party here - if we were on this forum earlier, these questions would have been answered pronto. Either way, let me try and address the queries raised here:

1) We at Kristal.AI strive to deliver a consistent return in line with the risk profile and objectives set by the client during the online risk assessment. When users first sign up they get access to a free Kristal account where they can access U.S-listed ETFs and select SGD REITs. There is no minimum investment limit.

2) We are working on a virtual cash/demo account and that should be made available in a few months. Meanwhile we welcome our users to explore our platform with the free account before making a committed investment. Clients can try out our portfolio management with small amounts and grow in size. Going the systematic investment way is a much easier way to build a medium to long-term portfolio for most clients.

3) Our advisory team and founders come with a very high pedigree in both finance and technology. Together they have decades of trading and risk-management experience. Our tech team works on an algo which amplifies this knowledge and supplements their expertise in choosing and recommending portfolios. So, agree that beating the market with a few lines of code is a myth, but automating an investment process with algorithms which bring a discipline into investing is the institutional way to manage and grow your savings - this is the crux of what Kristal.AI offers investors for their small-sized investments.

To much surprise we do have high-performing portfolios which we have curated in-house; for e.g 'Guru Kristals' which imbibe the thought process and knowledge of Gurus like Greenblatt, Munger, and Warren Buffet. It should come as no surprise to an avid investor that some of the gurus are known to beat the broad indices over an extended period of time. Of course, there are also portfolios which have not matched the index performance, albeit over a smaller time horizon.

Our platform is transparent and investors have complete access to performance data before making a choice. Like any platform we, too, have strategies doing better than average and those not meeting the benchmark performance - a fact we have never minced words about. Our motto is to deliver access and consistency with a keen eye on risk-management.
    @Rob2020 Hope this helps you understand the philosophy behind Kristal.AI. Our advisory team would be happy to answer any other questions you, or the other investors here might have. Please drop us a line at [email protected].

Happy investing!

Rob2020 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast