Like Tree17Likes

Buying Land Lease In HK, and Building Village House [Beginner's GUIDE]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Why do you need to build a house if you are not resident here?

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by newtoinv
    Why do you need to build a house if you are not resident here?
    Because selling your cheap village house for millions of dollars in an inalienable right of all villagers. Just ask the Kuk.

Yes, as you can only build on private ancestral village land.

Thanks for your reply. Currently, I may not have the status. But after living 7yrs in HK i can obtain ROA

Name is under my father, thanks for the heads up. Any chance you know how much around it will cost? and time?

According to this article permanent residency is not a requirement to build a village house:

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/04/1...-rural-leader/

hkkenny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkenny
    Name is under my father, thanks for the heads up. Any chance you know how much around it will cost? and time?
    There are village houses being built in my village. Conservatively expect it to take about 2 years and around 2 mil.
    hkkenny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkenny
    Thanks for your reply. Currently, I may not have the status. But after living 7yrs in HK i can obtain ROA
    by then, you start your application, that's 13-15 years time before you can move in

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    According to this article permanent residency is not a requirement to build a village house:

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/04/1...-rural-leader/
    I asked the chairman of the rural committe in person when i asked him to sign and verify me as offspring of indigenous hk person as part of my application to plan and build, i asked if someone has only right to land status or non at all, he stated the facts and the chances if right to land (some chance) and offsprings born after 97 outside hk (next to nil) passing application process , obviously, they will look towards the heung yee kuk.

FYI, I am working in HK and I intend on stay for the long run. I also intend on building a village house because it cost a fortune to purchase a small flat in HK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast