Like Tree17Likes

Buying Land Lease In HK, and Building Village House [Beginner's GUIDE]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    I asked the chairman of the rural committe in person when i asked him to sign and verify me as offspring of indigenous hk person as part of my application to plan and build, i asked if someone has only right to land status or non at all, he stated the facts and the chances if right to land (some chance) and offsprings born after 97 outside hk (next to nil) passing application process , obviously, they will look towards the heung yee kuk.
    I am born before 1997 and before anyone asks -no I am not eligible for the direct ROA for personal reasons. Thus I have to live here for 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by hkkenny
    I am born before 1997 and before anyone asks -no I am not eligible for the direct ROA for personal reasons. Thus I have to live here for 7 years
    so how come you don't have right to land status esp considering your offspring of indigenous hk person?

Quote Originally Posted by si0001
    There are village houses being built in my village. Conservatively expect it to take about 2 years and around 2 mil.
    Thanks! Your comment seems to align with what I have heard in my village.

has your father already used his ding kuen/right to build or sold his one? if no, why do you ask to him to build on his land ? that will save you a year as you don't have to transfer the name on the land deeds, he can started applying now and hopefully within 6-9 years, you and your dad can move into this newly built rural house, but if you do it under your name, first you have to wait until you eligible for pernament residence within hk, that's 7 years before you even started the process of planning application and building

UK/HKboy likes this.

How come it takes 6-7years? Can someone breakdown the different stages?
    Also, what tax do I have to pay for building a village house

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    has your father already used his ding kuen/right to build or sold his one? if no, why do you ask to him to build on his land ? that will save you a year as you don't have to transfer the name on the land deeds, he can started applying now and hopefully within 6-9 years, you and your dad can move into this newly built rural house, but if you do it under your name, first you have to wait until you eligible for pernament residence within hk, that's 7 years before you even started the process of planning application and building
    Yes he has already used his. So I can only utilise mine.

The application process takes a lot of time and can be delayed for any reason.

I also have an application in for 8 years already, my uncle's application has been outstanding for 15 years. I knew an old guy in my village who literally died whilst waiting for approval.

imparanoic likes this.

Yes he has already used his. So I can only utilise mine.
    and he sold his? why can't live at your father rural house?

How come it takes 6-7years? Can someone breakdown the different stages?
    Also, what tax do I have to pay for building a village house
    It takes a long time because its not a very popular policy, many villages are too densely built up, too many villagers are abusing the policy, and also because of normal government admin and bureaucracy.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001
    The application process takes a lot of time and can be delayed for any reason.

I also have an application in for 8 years already, my uncle's application has been outstanding for 15 years. I knew an old guy in my village who literally died whilst waiting for approval.
    Spare a thought for all the women who have died while waiting...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast