Like Tree33Likes

US Stocks

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Why do people trade with HSBC, Citi etc when you can get cheaper brokerage with Interactive Brokers and access to pretty much any stock market in the world?
    Along with what pin said above I would say for me personally i find it easier to just use a bank. And with my style of investment which is a long term holding of assests and therefore trading rarely, I don't notice the small differences in brokerage fees which admittedly would add up if i were to trade more often. If i was a day trader i might use a different platform.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery87:
    My investment strategy is more a long term one. I don't really get into day trading too much so i guess i don't mind the lack of liquidity too much. I don't plan on putting myself in a situation where I need to sell large volumes of stocks in a small timeframe.
    It is not always in your hands to determine when it is time to close a position. Sometimes the markets change in a rather turbulent manner. You will experience that the market is suddenly not willing to buy your position, and you can get rid of it only at a very disadvantageous price.
    Last edited by Windmill65; 18-09-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    jrkob, traineeinvestor and shri like this.

Fair enough but in the GFC even large banks were shown to not be immune from collapse.

IB at $1 versus $30 min at Citibank for US shares...I'll go with IB!