Car park market

Car park market

Anyone active in this investment area of late? Wondering if prices have dropped and created opportunity due to the protests.

I talked to a couple agents before leaving. Prices were still very high. Maybe some opportunities for old building covered spaces with no restrictions (anyone can use) that are next to new large developments. New developments have about 10-20% car park ratios which are ridiculously low so will drive demand and prices up. I was quoted 1.7m for some spaces. I would rather put my money elsewhere.

You can talk to agencies and also the newspapers have a lot of ads of carparks for sale. After awhile you'll notice the same landlords buy and sell for 100k profits multiple times per year. The problem is the agent and lawyer fees if you want to copy the method. Also it's all in Chinese. I learned the estates and keywords to be able to search. There are only select estates that have carparks open for non-unit owners.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    I talked to a couple agents before leaving. Prices were still very high. Maybe some opportunities for old building covered spaces with no restrictions (anyone can use) that are next to new large developments. New developments have about 10-20% car park ratios which are ridiculously low so will drive demand and prices up. I was quoted 1.7m for some spaces. I would rather put my money elsewhere.

You can talk to agencies and also the newspapers have a lot of ads of carparks for sale. After awhile you'll notice the same landlords buy and sell for 100k profits multiple times per year. The problem is the agent and lawyer fees if you want to copy the method. Also it's all in Chinese. I learned the estates and keywords to be able to search. There are only select estates that have carparks open for non-unit owners.
    Can you share / PM the terminology / places to look?

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:

Have you left HK?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Have you left HK?
    Yeah. Couple weeks ago. Am coming back later this year.