Like Tree5Likes

Choice of Financial Terminal in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Question Choice of Financial Terminal in Hong Kong

Hi,
    I am a private investor with 20 years experience working in the asset management industry, mainly investing in the UK and US markets.
    My wife has just taken a job in Hong Kong and we are moving imminently.
    I am now looking to set up in Hong Kong and I was hoping for any advice on which financial terminal providers in Hong Kong are the best. I have always used Bloomberg Terminals throughout my career but I saw that the use of Bloomberg Terminals has been restricted in the past by the Chinese government. For this reason I have been doing some research on alternative providers in Hong Kong.
    My initial research has suggested that ET net and Wind are the most widely used but I was wondering if there are any other options?
    Any reviews/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Harry

Thompson Reuters is a decent slightly lower cost alternative to Bloomberg.

Quote Originally Posted by harry_1976:
    Hi,
    I am a private investor with 20 years experience working in the asset management industry, mainly investing in the UK and US markets.
    My wife has just taken a job in Hong Kong and we are moving imminently.
    I am now looking to set up in Hong Kong and I was hoping for any advice on which financial terminal providers in Hong Kong are the best. I have always used Bloomberg Terminals throughout my career but I saw that the use of Bloomberg Terminals has been restricted in the past by the Chinese government. For this reason I have been doing some research on alternative providers in Hong Kong.
    My initial research has suggested that ET net and Wind are the most widely used but I was wondering if there are any other options?
    Any reviews/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Harry
    Not restricted. Don't bother with Reuters garbage. Get Bloomberg. But as others have pointed out be ready for an ass raping which you would get anywhere with Bloomberg's fee.
    If you are really cheap you can use something like AAStocks.com which has some headline only newsfeed for the local market.

5 years ago I looked into Bloomberg terminals and they were asking for at least 15k per month I believe. Probably more expensive now.