Like Tree26Likes

My friend's windfall...how to invest it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    She can look at 3/6 month time deposits. HKD is about 2.4% when I checked this week.
    DBS at 2.55% is the market leader, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia
    DBS at 2.55% is the market leader, I think.
    That's who I checked through. I recall it was 2.4% for existing funds. I didn't see 2.55%.

That's who I checked through. I recall it was 2.4% for existing funds. I didn't see 2.55%.
    It seems the headline rate is 2.4%, but you get a bonus 0.15% for setting up via the phone app and using a promo code: https://www.dbs.com.hk/personal/prom...k-cardtiles-s2

Add on the cash bonuses for funding with FPS and the return ends up being higher.
    MandM! likes this.

It seems the headline rate is 2.4%, but you get a bonus 0.15% for setting up via the phone app and using a promo code: https://www.dbs.com.hk/personal/prom...k-cardtiles-s2

Add on the cash bonuses for funding with FPS and the return ends up being higher.
    Nice catch. I already redeemed some offers before. Unsure if I can get them again. I just checked it will say 2.4% on the time deposit and the additional 0.15% will be credited March 2020.

I also had some issues getting paid the promotions in the past, still waiting for the bank to fix it.

Nice catch. I already redeemed some offers before. Unsure if I can get them again. I just checked it will say 2.4% on the time deposit and the additional 0.15% will be credited March 2020.

I also had some issues getting paid the promotions in the past, still waiting for the bank to fix it.
    With DBS specifically or banks generally?

A report to HKMA usually causes them to get brown underpants and they cave quickly.

With DBS specifically or banks generally?

A report to HKMA usually causes them to get brown underpants and they cave quickly.
    DBS only. I have been on WhatsApp with my banker about it but also trying to keep the conversation friendly. A bit annoyed because he promised all these welcome offers and I only got paid a couple thousand when I'm supposed to get more than 10k. Also the transaction is not very clear what the credit is for.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3