Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Elefant&Castle
  • 3 Post By JAherbert
  • 3 Post By Miaofromcali

Why is WH Group not zooming thru the roof?

Closed Thread

Why is WH Group not zooming thru the roof?

China needs pork, right? WF Group has pork meat from USA, and china tariffs are down on pork imports from USA. So, what the heck is holding WH stock from a rapid increase in valuation?

A yr ago at $15, now at $19. Seems insignificant according to massive demands from china for porky dumplings.

Sure, we hold some shares of Shineway.

Not enough pigs for their Chinese slaughterhouses I guess.

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Not enough pigs for their Chinese slaughterhouses I guess.
    This - concerns that although prices may be higher, volumes are likely to be significantly lower.

Other factors which may (or may not) be weighing on investor sentiment: potential for the PRC to regulate pork prices, possibility that the African swine disease is still spreading and risk of higher short and longer term costs due to enhanced preventative measures for their remaining stocks.

On the plus side, a 26% increase from $15 to $19 is not too shabby in the current market.

demand has switched, Australia is shipping every piece of lamb they have to China.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...china/11590028

Good result today!

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    demand has switched, Australia is shipping every piece of lamb they have to China.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...china/11590028

Never realized China had such appetite for lamb...

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I've only been able to order Mongolian lamb in Cantonese restaurants in Australia and the UK, haven't seen it in HK or China yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Northern Chinese and Mongolians eat a ton of lamb. I think that’s there main protein source. I was in Inner Mongolia for a business trip for a week. I ate nothing but lamb and other protein. Couldn’t poop for a week.