Like Tree5Likes

Unsecured loans for non-PR residents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That was my experience. The only bank in HK that I had to submit my visa renewal sticker to as well.

Already tried BOC, HSBC and Hang Seng 2 years ago and last year, if you are not a permanent resident, they will always ask for your work contract and working visa label.
    I remember Citibank do not accept non-permanent resident even for tax loan.

For my case, when I was under working contract, max loan term was based on the contract expiration.
    When I was under regular employment, max loan term was based on working visa expiration.

LukeUk and MandM! like this.

There appears to be some inconsistency then, as I applied for and was granted an HSBC tax loan which had a longer duration than my work visa. I finished up the last year of the repayment while outside Hong Kong.

I am not a PR, but I applied for and got approved a personal loan from Citibank last year. They gave me max 3 years to repay. HSBC wanted to give me only 2 years. I also only had 6 months of my work visa left at time of application.

bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    I just don't believe you.
    Same here. I moved to Singapore without being PR yet, my HK work visa naturally expired, HSBC never cancelled my credit cards. I kept them, and they kept being renewed automatically while overseas.
    TheBrit likes this.

Same. Actually I got a new HSBC credit card after I left Hong Kong.

Mastercard was the offical system for the Rugby World Cup and in the ticket lottery system you got 2x the chances to win if you paid with Mastercard. So I just went to the HSBC website and did an online application for Premier Mastercard. They sent it to me in a couple of weeks, long after I left HK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2