Like Tree16Likes

stocks like Link REIT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

@traineeinvestor, yes i kind of think so.. i don't really know cos i am not in the ops department..
    i think there are a few means >>

- First is simply is to dump the HKD for other currencies.. this would be easy to detect as the aggregate balance would have reduced but it hasn't since very early this year

- Second is as you say, removing assets custodized with a hk bank and move it to a singapore bank.. This somewhat means moving of the assets, but again you don't really know where the banks custodize their assets. Eg. hk shares, end of the day are still likely custodized in HK and not moved around.

- Third, rebooking of money into a SG ledger.. Not sure how would it impact but i am sure if you still hold HKD, the daily excess deposits are still going to sit in HKMA's defecto current account..

If you ask me, the more meaningful way is to move is to sell HK assets and purchase non HK assets, which generally means properties.. not just shares/cash...

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    As some people are suggesting especially Singapore is benefitting from the ongoing protests in HK: Is there something similar as Link Reit in Singapore?
    To answer your question the other way around. Yes, Singapore has some really good REITs - not link type, which is unique in structure and monopolistic in nature.. But yes the REITs in Sgp are wroth looking at.

Regardless of politics, some of Singaporean property shares the same issues as hk does.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    Is there something similar as Link Reit in Singapore?
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Comfortdelgro and SATS Ltd are two Singapore stocks I'm looking closely at.

Original Post Deleted
    Fair enough - I have a mix of yield plays and non-yield plays - for example I bought Kowloon Development because it seems to be stable and pays a high yield, but I also put money into Mastercard and Visa which, whilst they pay dividends, are not high % yield but are more plays on capital growth businesses with a reasonable moat.

I probably need some more tech exposure but the tech sector looks so expensive right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3