Like Tree48Likes

How to evict crazy daughter in law from property???

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar problem.

I had builders in to ‘renovate’.

Took out the doors, ripped out bathroom and kitchen. Cut off the water. Builders didn’t return for 3months.

Might be a bit extreme in your case

orel100x, jack55 and el_0211 like this.

Gosh the people really are horrible on this forum.

I would say these things, but I wouldn't actually do them...

Yes well, Unless you’re in a position where this happens to you and you don’t want to resort to violence, you have to be creative.

I had an ex-helper who took over my place despite being legally told to leave. The police were called out on me lots of time, each time she claimed I was a burglar or intruder. She even claimed rape against one of my friend’s son who was staying there, with me being in the next room. She had Cleavers hidden under my sofa and long metal torches placed in convenient to reach places.

And each time the police came out. In the end even they got fed up.

shri, rani and el_0211 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Then this should be remedied ASAP either by your brother, or by yourself if you're involved in this. Fix it, don't LOL it. Try Google for starters if nobody has seen a lawyer yet. For serious stuff, don't rely on strangers on the internet- we're not lawyers.

No idea why anyone is waiting for her to file for divorce- what is stopping your brother from doing so?

https://geoexpat.com/articles/hong-k...e-in-hong-kong

Lack of a backbone?

Jks.

But seriosuly, probably doesn't want to affect this child too much plus divorces aren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Your family has a medical issue and you come on here asking how to kick her out??
    Still better than shooting them
    AsianXpat0, Plutark and el_0211 like this.

Well call a lawyer or just tell the police daughter in law is a protestor if you really wanna be a dxxxx

el_0211 likes this.

Get. A. Lawyer.

45 minute free consultation available from one of the lawyers on this list: ChooseHKLawyer

shri and AsianXpat0 like this.

For your learning, visit the Community Legal Information Centre at https://www.clic.org.hk/en/

But you still will need professional legal assistance/advice.

shri likes this.

Sell and move out of the property.

Paxbritannia likes this.

Divorce isn't so easy. HK requires the couple to be separated for at least 12 months before granting a divorce. If the husband is living at the same address then the wife can claim they're not separated.

If husband and mother move out then when it eventually comes to the divorce settlement the wife will have a strong claim to a large payout if she needs to move out of her primary residence. Courts might view that the husband conceded that as part of the marriage he provided for her home.

Tricky one. So LawyerUp.

shri, jgl, Morrison and 1 others like this.