Like Tree21Likes

Buying a condo in Phuket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ive got a condo in thailand and it's on air bnb generating around 6% if it were fully booked for the whole year (it isnt).

I also got burnt on my first one and ended up selling that for a loss but was just glad to get rid of it.

a few years back I inspected "NEW" property in Phuket, the apartment had the right government approvals, yet the doors were paper-thin, with no fire rating aka a death trap. Also, you should check the sales agreement, it may contain a clause that you must sell / can only sell back to the landowner aka management company, so the selling price will be the price they are willing to pay.

going rate for 32sqm apartment is in the range of 900K - 1.08 Mil HKD so if you can really get one for 700K then it sounds like a great deal, this complex is right next to the airport so can get noisy as flights take off/land all night long. Its nearly 1 hour driving distance to Patong the entertainment districts

https://www.fazwaz.com/projects/thai...erminal-phuket

mrgoodkat likes this.

Some people have done fabulously well out of Thai/SE Asia property and others have done terribly. As always you have to question whether this is a lifestyle decision or a financial decision.

drumbrake likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2