Like Tree15Likes

How to make a mortgage in France?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How? Applicable for non-EU only! Rent a condo for a year, obtain residence permit for "other purpose", open a a bank account, than obtain tax id, phone number, cable tv. After 2-3 months apply for the loan/mortgage & etc.

Original Post Deleted
    Now that's interesting - tell me more!

Original Post Deleted
    My understanding is that non EU residents may only borrow up to 80%. We have had a mortgage with BNP Paribas for 8 years, and are looking at buying another property for rental. No issue with BNP on HKD salary.

We did use a Paris broker for the first property, but not this time round. It was quite onerous on paper work, medicals etc, but was mostly straightforward.

Original Post Deleted
    I remortgaged a property with DBS in HK in May 2018 with employment based income. I had to provide a few months of bank statements, statements of our other mortgages, most recent company accounts and updated copies of HKID and address proof. Not very onerous at all. The loan was limited to 30% of the bank's valuation.

IIRC, it took about a month from application to draw down but I wasn't in any hurry and didn't press them to approve sooner.

Same interest rate and cash back as owner occupied mortgages.
    jrkob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    I remortgaged a property with DBS in HK in May 2018 with employment based income. I had to provide a few months of bank statements, statements of our other mortgages, most recent company accounts and updated copies of HKID and address proof. Not very onerous at all. The loan was limited to 30% of the bank's valuation.

IIRC, it took about a month from application to draw down but I wasn't in any hurry and didn't press them to approve sooner.

Same interest rate and cash back as owner occupied mortgages.
    Apologies, that should read "... with NO employment based income ...."