Like Tree10Likes

HSBC Flexinvest

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    Via HSBC expat its something like a flat fee of GBP15 (or USD equivalent) and the TER is obviously going to be much cheaper (TER for IWDA which I think tracks the same index as the HSBC global equity fund is 0.2%).

BUT you have to remember with HSBC Expat:
    - Need minimum balance (got to be Premier elsewhere)
    - Have to convert HKD to GBP/USD, etc

With Flexinvest:
    - No trading fees
    - Low barrier of entry
    - Don't need to be Premier customer
    - Can trade in HKD
    - As fund is domiciled in Ireland, still benefit from the Irish - US tax treaty for 15% dividend witholding
    traineeinvestor and shri like this.

I wonder 2 things.
    Why would they charge more platform fees if you have more than 200k? Shouldn’t it be cheaper instead of more expensive? Doesn’t make sense!

Will they ever include these funds in their MPF choices?

Paxbritannia likes this.

So.. First question. Are they actually tracking a published / licensed index on the fact sheet?

is this the one you were comparibg?

https://services.assetmanagement.hsb...H&locale=en_HK..

Will look at it in a bit. They do say they have a tracking error of 0.75%- and am also not familiar with the index they track, seems different from iwda and VT indexes.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Positives are low minimum purchases (only HK$100), zero transaction fees and the funds are domiciled in Ireland.
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if HSBC MPF funds for US/Global equities are also Irish domiciled? Like "HSBC ValueChoice US Equity Fund". I see their funds factsheet here, but no such info (and a call to their MPF dept only resulted in a long convo explaining the meaning of "domicile" ..and how to spell it)

I'm guessing I should just be assuming it's HK, but thought I'd ask

https://www.hsbc.com.hk/content/dam/...mpf/4q2019.pdf
    Last edited by foxwendal; 04-03-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Would seriously doubt that hsbc hk would domicile their funds in ireland. You know...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Would seriously doubt that hsbc hk would domicile their funds in ireland. You know...
    Agree. Just came to mind as remotely possible as was surprised by the Flexinvest ones.

Not seen what index they track - the good thing is none of the mainstream indexes, S&P / Nasdaq / Russell have any significant dividends. The bigger drain will be the management and platform fees.

This product is okay if you have only a few thousands USD to start with. You only have 10 unit trusts to trade as well....

lf you have more than 200000 hkd to invest you’re looking at 1.2% cost (0.8% platform fees + 0.4% for a world tracker unit trust for example). Not really worth it versus HSBC Expat or IB/Saxo

at the end of the day I’d feel even more confortable buying a world ETF trading on the HKEX through normal HSBC investment account