Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shafiq
  • 1 Post By Shooshi
  • 1 Post By Trebor

Building Earmarked for Demolition

Closed Thread

Building Earmarked for Demolition

I have a large commercial building near me clearly earmarked for demolition, the ground floor Circle K and Watsons have recently closed and been gutted and the higher floors have been empty for some time.

Is there anyway I can find out what will be built there once it is pulled down? I assume plans are already in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I have a large commercial building near me clearly earmarked for demolition, the ground floor Circle K and Watsons have recently closed and been gutted and the higher floors have been empty for some time.

Is there anyway I can find out what will be built there once it is pulled down? I assume plans are already in place.
    probably not specified in english, why not forward the exact address and we can google it

IT appears to actually be two buildings.

Tung Sun Commercial Centre and Tung Wah Mansion. 199 Hennessy Road.

Not sure if it's owned by Tung Wah Hospital group. Not that it matters but it was a Mannings Plus not a watsons.

Yes, owned by Tung Wah Hospital group.

I don't see this in their property development report for 2019.

http://www.tungwah.org.hk/wp-content...Management.pdf

I wonder if they are going to renovate it rather than knock it down. Doubtful given the age.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I wonder if they are going to renovate it rather than knock it down. Doubtful given the age.
    Page 21 has the information from building department. Says commercial building 1 storey 27 floors
    https://www.bd.gov.hk/doc/en/whats-n.../Md201909e.pdf
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Page 21 has the information from building department. Says commercial building 1 storey 27 floors
    https://www.bd.gov.hk/doc/en/whats-n.../Md201909e.pdf

Page 17 but thanks for that.

More offices then I guess.

Or may be more community space. Tung Wah is generally not an all out commercial outfit and do get a fair bit of income from renting to community organisations / medical / education etc.

Tried to do a lease in this building months ago, they said only available for short term leases. Tung Wah explained that they were refurbishing as it was in urgent need of an upgrade. So likely no demolition.

Trebor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshi:
    Tried to do a lease in this building months ago, they said only available for short term leases. Tung Wah explained that they were refurbishing as it was in urgent need of an upgrade. So likely no demolition.
    Just an update, it's definitely coming down, floor by floor.
    shri likes this.