Like Tree310Likes

Coronavirus and your Portfolio

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Qantas ( QAN ASX) stocks have been a bit of fun since Friday the week before last, when they were $3.98 closing at $4.66 last Friday ( in a week ). Thanks to the announcement that domestic airline travel can ( mostly ) resume as things are gradually getting back to normal here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Qantas ( QAN ASX) stocks have been a bit of fun since Friday the week before last, when they were $3.98 closing at $4.66 last Friday ( in a week ). Thanks to the announcement that domestic airline travel can ( mostly ) resume as things are gradually getting back to normal here again.
    Most of the Australian market has rallied sharply over the last few weeks - some of the worst affected have bounced off their lows most sharply.
    Skyhook likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Simple Math would tell you that I sold at the top based on that posting. But yes I know, basic Math has never been your strong suit. Guess who had cash to spent when things were dirt cheap in March/April.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaas20:
    I also only invested a small amount in Carnival because of exactly that - risk. Maybe it was even closer to a gamble than investing.
    Yes my small toe in the water of Carnival (which I'd actually forgotten about until this thread reactivated and I took a look yesterday!) was just to roll the dice on a bit of a dead cat bounce. But it was just a small toe in the water hardly seems worth exiting the position - I doubt I could buy a decent dinner for one on the profits LOL
    GentleGeorge likes this.

“It’s not a broad-based recovery, but because the indices are dominated by a handful of companies, it has an amplified effect,” said Michael Eckton, CEO and managing partner at Crestwood Advisors.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...ld-be-n1236079
    shri likes this.

God bless corporate America

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    God bless corporate America
    Bless the people who bought it all back

Dividend and value investors still feeling the pain.

MAGA investors have done very well.

Some turbulence to end the week.