Like Tree16Likes

Using Same Solicitor as seller (as a buyer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman
    you should understand what do they for you then you wouldnt have to ask this question.
    What’s the increase in costs if you get your own lawyer?

I recall it was about $20k (could be wrong about amount) more expensive but I was buying from a listed developer. I figured that the reputation risk to the developer would be more damaging than any issues to get my dispute settled .. and I got a building inspector in who flagged about 20 problems - most of them petty!

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    What’s the increase in costs if you get your own lawyer?

I recall it was about $20k (could be wrong about amount) more expensive but I was buying from a listed developer. I figured that the reputation risk to the developer would be more damaging than any issues to get my dispute settled ������ .. and I got a building inspector in who flagged about 20 problems - most of them petty! ������
    It varies depending on complexity (e.g, whether there is a car parking space on a separate title as they often are), whether there is tenancy in place and also on whether there is a first and/or second mortgage involved.

I will pm you the name of the lawyer we use for conveyancing.
    Praetorian likes this.

@ Praetorian - Apologies I sent my lawyer's details to you by mistake. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor
    It varies depending on complexity (e.g, whether there is a car parking space on a separate title as they often are), whether there is tenancy in place and also on whether there is a first and/or second mortgage involved.

I will pm you the name of the lawyer we use for conveyancing.
    But in my case, it was zero previous owner straight from the developer. Seemed a waste of time and effort to get separate legal rep. The peace of mind was the $4/sq. ft. independent building inspection fee
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2