Like Tree24Likes

MPF - Change Investment / Rebalance

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    if there is no switching fees, why would provider wants that ? add to their work and cost ?
    if you have 5 years to retirement, then shld be looking to rebalance it once a year or so, towards less risky investments on a gradual planned basis.
    chop and change and invest in their higher fee charging funds.

Original Post Deleted
    Go and ask the majority of employees about their mpf selection, can guarantee you most of them won't have a clue and will just follow what their firm's mpf provider's advisor tells them to do.

Original Post Deleted
    They most definitely do and they will come in to your office and hold a presentation about the need to follow the hottest funds and keep on chopping and changing according to the market.
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    They visited our offices and I had lots of questions. They basically admitted they take a nice big fat cut on many funds. I think I've posted about it before.

My approach with the MPF has been shove it in the DIS and ignore. I just happened to take a look today and am wondering if I should do anything about it. I know, it's a bit late now! However, I still appreciate some views. (not advice!)

So HSBC MPF DIS = Age 65+ and Core Accumulation fund. At the moment it shows me have having 874HKD less than paid in over the last 3 years. Not much I know but I assume I was up a fair bit earlier on last year. I am leaving Hong Kong in the summer so will be withdrawing it around July.

I know if I was going to be in HK a few more years the sensible thing would be to hang on but as I am going in a few months it's a little different.

So options:

1. Leave it as it is and hoping it stays roughly the same or even recovers in the next 3 or 4 months.

2. Take it out quickly and stick it in the Conservative fund to be on the safe side. Yes probably lost a bit but at least I won;t lose any more.

3. Other options I have missed.

not sure if it is a good timing to withdraw. , if i had to pick 1 or 2 , i would pick 1.

Or you can change the mpf to a different company instead of HSBC, as they don't do good in mpf , and maybe come back later for visit or something and withdraw it when the market is better ?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4