Like Tree7Likes

HSBC Buy/Sell Orders - Duration and Spreads

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I did not input a Stop-Loss price. There are two options for selling - I filled in the other one ("Limit Selling Price"). Same as the picture above.
    Sorry, my mistake.

Two months is nothing, I think my orders are good 180 days.
    I am surprised though that

Original Post Deleted
    can place orders with such a big profit margin. I guess his tracker fund is non-US.

In US I am limited to + 30% on last quotation.
    I think it’s standard for US traded stocks to make speculator’s life harder

If you place such a long limit order, does HSBC cancel the order when there is a corporate event or would they inform you to change the order ?

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    If you place such a long limit order, does HSBC cancel the order when there is a corporate event or would they inform you to change the order ?
    Who ? Me ?
    It’s not with HSBC.
    There is no such trading option.

Original Post Deleted
    Sorry I didn't take a screenshot, but it looked very similar to what you posted. The market was open. I guess I must have just got something small wrong setting it up then. I sended up doing the buy separately... I guess the sell will require some manual intervention lol

Original Post Deleted
    does exchanges actually accepts GTC orders ? I am not aware of those.
    I think usually GTC are done at broker level and their system automatically flow the orders into the exchange at the start of a new trading day.

If exchange accepts GTC, then the rules in GTC for each exchange will have to be different, means that the broker will have to advice and make you sign many different agreement for different markets..etc..

FYI - At HSBC

Limit Order
    An order in which you can specify your highest purchase price or lowest selling price. A limit order will be monitored by the Bank's system and passed to the SEHK for processing once it falls within the 24 spread range of the current market bid/offer prices. This processing mechanism is subject to change at the Bank's discretion without prior notice. Please note that we do not accept limit price for odd lot trading, please select Market Order if you wish to trade an odd lot.
    The section on order processing is also worth reading if you want all sorts of nerdy details.

https://www.ebanking.hsbc.com.hk/1/2/faq/investments
    jrkob and HK_Katherine like this.

In SGX, it used to be that any limit orders placed into the system that are more than XX bids/offers away will incur a 30c charge per entree. So brokers were reluctant to do those things where the orders are very far away. Not sure what is the current status now though. I guess for HSBC to clearly state the 24 spread range, there must be something similar or something controlling them to do. Otherwise the system should be flexible enough to just flow thru the orders anytime...