Like Tree171Likes

Bears and your portfolio..

Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16
  1. #151

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    30,576

    So....

    Do we now need a thread that is titled "Bulls and your portfolio"?

    https://twitter.com/MoneyTalkR3/stat...81142662348800


  2. #152

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    21,170
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    So....

    Do we now need a thread that is titled "Bulls and your portfolio"?

    https://twitter.com/MoneyTalkR3/stat...81142662348800
    I would stick with the bears. I don't see all the massive intervention preventing a recession and I don't see America back to work by Easter (well of 2020 anyway).

    If the market was a person it would be in serious need of psychiatric intervention.
    shri, Sith, HK_Katherine and 3 others like this.

  3. #153

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    So....

    Do we now need a thread that is titled "Bulls and your portfolio"?

    https://twitter.com/MoneyTalkR3/stat...81142662348800
    Exactly the point I made earlier that studies show that biggest gains are usually clustered around the biggest falls. I.o.w. don’t try to time the market!

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,910
    shri likes this.

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    30,576
    You beat me to it. Saw on the summary that yours was the last post and I wondered if it was this article.

  6. #156

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,910
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    You beat me to it. Saw on the summary that yours was the last post and I wondered if it was this article.
    Probably just timezone advantage.

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    204

    To be a trader these days...the highs and the lows. Being a long term invesror is a calmer ride if you can just stop looking at your portfolio performance.

    Check out some of those marijuana performance charts... just mind numbing.

    Plenty of room to go downwards. As hullexile predicts, recession on the horizon, and Sith, big gains accompanied by big falls. Humble opinion (doesn't mean much) keep any powder dry for now.


  8. #158

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    3,940

    Think in the past, days (or consecutive days) of 5~10% gains only happen during bear markets.. bear market counter rallies...


  9. #159

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    30,576
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee_break
    To be a trader these days...the highs and the lows. Being a long term invesror is a calmer ride if you can just stop looking at your portfolio performance.

    Check out some of those marijuana performance charts... just mind numbing.

    Plenty of room to go downwards. As hullexile predicts, recession on the horizon, and Sith, big gains accompanied by big falls. Humble opinion (doesn't mean much) keep any powder dry for now.
    The son was mentioning MJ (ETF) related stocks interest - "If Sanders get the nomination.... watch this". (I'd like to hope not because of personal consumption interests.. but that is another story).

    Have been tracking Canopy and IIPR for a bit - spiked up WAY too quickly for me to be comfortable with them.

    IIPR is actually an interesting one... will look at it again in a few weeks - buy and hold say 5-10K for 3-5 years at the right price.
    coffee_break likes this.

Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16