Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By RMDNC
  • 1 Post By TheRoadAhead
  • 1 Post By Kowloon72

Interactive Brokers vs Chief Group Investment accounts?

Closed Thread

Interactive Brokers vs Chief Group Investment accounts?

I am planning to open my very first investment account, which one will you prefer.
    I am looking for both US and HK shares, my brother uses CHief and is quite happy with it. Interactive Brokers seems to have large sets of shares listed to choose from. I am considering in terms of;

- fees, commision
    -ease of use, help line
    - investment scope

seems like IB is popular and international. Thnks

If you are a US citizen you may have no choice but to open with IB as the local brokerages dont want to deal with the 1099 reporting and other regs. IMO despite that I would prefer a publicly traded reputable company like IB over a local upstart like Chief which I have never heard of until today. IB site is probably far more sophisticated than Chiefs. But IB has a pro and an lite platform for retail investors like yourself. I cant imagine Chief giving you better execution than IB. I really would not bother with the local BS here.

mokhi6 likes this.

I would go with HSBC to start with but if you have some financial acumen IB shouldn't be too hard to understand if you want to take simple positions (go long), lots of video on YouTube.

mokhi6 likes this.

I'm with chief. Their 0% commission offer on US stocks with their monthly investment plan was exactly what I was looking for. Lasts two years, then I plan to review. They also offer baba (and others) on MIP that HSBC don't.

mokhi6 likes this.

i have hang seng, citi and boc, guess ill give a look to hang seng..