Like Tree12Likes

Best platform to invest on the ASX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

@jrkob

Good to know. Mine is the 188 Swanston street next to NAB/Telstra but too used to calling them the bourke street bank. I might try asking at Collins, once they lift the mandatory quarantines.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fymmie
    @jrkob

Good to know. Mine is the 188 Swanston street next to NAB/Telstra but too used to calling them the bourke street bank. I might try asking at Collins, once they lift the mandatory quarantines.

Thank you! ������
    No prob.
    Actually I just dropped my RM over there an email asking her to confirm. I will post her response tomorrow when she responds.

As a side note this global Premier thing is obviously great for the customer but I'm wondering how sustainable that is. It's being going on forever, but the branch I'm with back home is going to be sold. So perhaps some changes in the making... can't blame them.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    No prob.
    Actually I just dropped my RM over there an email asking her to confirm. I will post her response tomorrow when she responds.

As a side note this global Premier thing is obviously great for the customer but I'm wondering how sustainable that is. It's being going on forever, but the branch I'm with back home is going to be sold. So perhaps some changes in the making... can't blame them.
    yeah I noticed that too.

For the thread starter on available platforms, CommSec is an option - at least , the funds in CDIA are covered by the Financial Claim Schemes of up to AUD 250k. And I like their phone app.
    jared likes this.

cwd

Quote Originally Posted by Fymmie
    Thanks.

Was only told by the Australian branch (Bourke Street , Melbourne) in November last year that HSBC premier in Hong Kong doesn’t create an automatic waiver on the account charge in Australia. I will clarify with the Hong Kong branch.
    I have Premier status in Australia based on my Premier status here in HK, and haven't had to pay the $35/m fee. Was told it doesn't apply in this situation (South Melbourne branch).

I also use HSBC in Australia for ASX access. It works just fine, even if the interface is a bit clunky. They don't provide free real-time market data though, unlike some others. They send a bizarre technical/chart analysis email after each trading day, with "Daily Trading Ideas" (eg. analysis such as "Engulfing Line (Bearish)", "Hammer", etc.).

Transferring in existing (CHESS) holdings was super easy.
    Fymmie and jared like this.

@Fymmie, my RM this morning over there confirmed what cwd above says. Premier status in Melbourne automatically if HK Premier already.

@jared, ok so as I suspected might happen and I told you by PM, it is still possible for non-Australian tax residents to open the stock account, for residents of the UK, Singapore, HK and New-Zealand (she called that the non resident application journey). I presume this is what might have been opened for me.

Fymmie and jared like this.

1. I also use Commec (using my Mum-in-laws address)
    2. I also am Premier and don't get charged Aussie fees. Never tried their stock platform because I prefer to diversify across banks.

bdw

Since I moved back to Aus, I'm looking to start investing on ASX again. Commsec fees are 0.12% for amounts over AUD$25k. But they also offer "Share Packs", for example you can get a 6 pack of trades for $66 ($11 per trade).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2