Like Tree96Likes

Covid-19: HSBC / SC - Dividends & Results

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

And in other news...

HSBC & SC test the $40 price threshold. Wake me up when they hit 35ish..

LifeInHK likes this.

Events like this show why diversification is good for most of investors - losing the dividend income from a few shares still hurts but not enough to lose sleep over.

Side point: as a shareholder I'd much rather lose a year or two of dividends than see a capital call being made.

jrkob, greenmark and pin like this.

HSBC down to 38.20... anyone buying?

35 at this rate. Purely to lower the average cost - which seems to be unrecoverable in 5+ years, given how f'ed the performance has been during "normal times".

Next one at 30?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    35 at this rate. Purely to lower the average cost - which seems to be unrecoverable in 5+ years, given how f'ed the performance has been during "normal times".

Next one at 30?
    Agreed.. I bought at 55 to lower average, then at 50 to lower and so on... lets hope 35 is the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Agreed.. I bought at 55 to lower average, then at 50 to lower and so on... lets hope 35 is the bottom.
    I am honestly torn at this point - there are several better stocks which we have in long term hold. Would it be better to lower the cost of those stocks and then average out the gains with the HSBC/Stan Chart fuckery?

What I mean - say instead of putting cash into HSBC, put it into AMZN or some other growth stock and then dump when the cost averages out?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Also, with HSBC - have you been taking dividends in cash or stock? Taking them quarterly in stocks has been a good cost lowering mechanism for the last 2 or 3 years.

Also, with HSBC - have you been taking dividends in cash or stock? Taking them quarterly in stocks has been a good cost lowering mechanism for the last 2 or 3 years.
    that's the nice way of describing a three year bear stock...

I've been taking cash dividends, but agree with taking stock to lower cost... No dividends to be given out now, so let's see how it goes in the near future.

I've been buying to lower my costs for most my shares... all this is just smallish amounts as a means of savings for the very long term for me, so not really too worried. If it all goes to shit then too bad for retirement/kids inheritance.
    shri likes this.

- lots of good ones which might be worth to DCA. HSBC / SC and a couple of others are not, but Uncle stocks and some property are worth it - as they've been solid performers both for div and cap gains.

Also worth waiting and watching to see if some of these stocks get dropped from some of the index ETFs that I've shared with you previously. I tend to think that these indexes are a bit less emotional than us individuals.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast