Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 2 Post By traineeinvestor
  • 1 Post By jobin

SEHK 86 - Sun Hung Kai & Co

Closed Thread

SEHK 86 - Sun Hung Kai & Co

Closed today at $2.93 and announced a dividend of 14c on Monday - so a 4.77% dividend in one ago, and given that it pays out twice annually, this is implicitly yielding over 9%.

Has anyone looked closely at this play? I started researching when I noticed that they were behind UA Finance. They seem to cater to the lower end of the market - with an economic downturn there will surely be more people seeking these types of loans?

Confused... Is this about UA Finance or SHK?

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Closed today at $2.93 and announced a dividend of 14c on Monday - so a 4.77% dividend in one ago, and given that it pays out twice annually, this is implicitly yielding over 9%.

Has anyone looked closely at this play? I started researching when I noticed that they were behind UA Finance. They seem to cater to the lower end of the market - with an economic downturn there will surely be more people seeking these types of loans?
    And more people defaulting on those loans?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Confused... Is this about UA Finance or SHK?
    Both - UA is a subsidiary of SHK.
    shri and PetravanderVegt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And more people defaulting on those loans?
    Not a comment on SHK specifically, but if my recollections of the 1987 crash, the Asian Financial Crisis, the Dot.Com Boom/Bust, SARS and the Great Financial Crisis are anything near reliable, investing in companies that lend mostly unsecured (or with weak security) would be far too risky for me.
    jrkob and hullexile like this.

Ha, traineeinvestor. If your memory and your personal experience relates to those many and ancient financial situations, your 'trainee' designation is either a misnomer or some kind of obfuscation.
    But i for one have welcomed your inputs, Sir Trainee.

Paxbritannia likes this.