Like Tree80Likes

Bringing the money out of HK

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Bringing the money out of HK

I am looking for a discrete place to put about 1/2 million USD, as cheaply and easily as possible. The easiest thing would be to open a company in HK, put my money in this company and open an account in a HK bank or broker. But I would like to bring it outside Hong Kong.

Singapore is an option, but if I open a company in Singapore I need to have an accountant, pay taxes, etc. At the end the costs outweigh what I can save by being discrete.

Opening an account in the BVI or Seychelles seems to be expensive. I only have 1/2 USD, not 10 million like you.

Is there any alternative I haven't thought about?

Original Post Deleted
    I don't want a government to find the money. That's why I wrote "discrete".

Is the money in cash now? If not, just wire it somewhere overseas. Opening an account in the Isle of Man is pretty much free and easy to do for the amount of money you have.

Quote Originally Posted by john_1122:
    Which government? Any?

How about this , from wiki

In 2010, the United States implemented the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act; the law required financial firms around the world to report accounts held by US citizens to the Internal Revenue Service. The US on the other hand refused the Common Reporting Standard set up by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, alongside Vanuatu and Bahrain.[2]

This means the US receives tax and asset information for American assets and income abroad, but does not share information about what happens in the United States with other countries. In other words, it has become attractive as a tax haven.[1]

You need a billion if you want to hide your money.

500k people going to start asking questions.

shri, mrgoodkat, hullexile and 6 others like this.

If you have half a mil and have no idea how to launder it then you deserve to be caught whatever your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by john_1122:

Start by googling Common Reporting Standard if you want to hide your money. You will find it will be a fruitless endevaour, but a bit of research will hopefully stop you making stupid and costly mistakes.
    z754103, markranson and sgken like this.

Don't banks only report your data to the country you have declared tax residency in?

Get some Krugerrands or Bitcoins when feeling fancy

Buy those gold coins with the bird on them from the BoC, wrap them up in a bindle and carry them about from country to country. No government ever suspects the man with a bindle!

chuckster007 likes this.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast